Gledwood's favourite video clips from Youtube and other sites.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar

I know this from the 1998 version.

It reminds me of EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing out in grotty subterranean dungeonous clubs with now-famous names like Frantic (which went to Melbourne, Aus, didn't it? Anyone?) Sunnyside Up (not famous, defunct. But oi! oi! for old time's sake.) & Pendragon & Samsara & all the rest.

There was one time in my life I lived for summer sunrising hallucinations like that this starts off with.

I think this tune is fantastic.

Disappointingly it's been de-energized till approx 2/3 of the way through. Only then will you hear what it's really about. It's meant to embody "sunrise" in musical form. With the waves of the sea lapping gently - hence "Cafe del Mar", which is a real place in Ibiza. Even if you find the drug-allusions sickening ("tripping in the morning") think of it as a celebration of the renewal of life. That is captured also.


1 comment:

claire said...

hi gled,

your dutch is kind ok, with some mistakes, but hey, it's a difficult language!!! i have some cd's of cafe del mar at my place, like it.
how are you in london?
i am really buzy preping my trip!
greetz claire