Gledwood's favourite video clips from Youtube and other sites.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Blondie - Heart of Glass

This is the very first pop song I remember being aware of in my childhood. Not from my parents' music collection, but from the wider world around me. Released in 1979, I would have been 7 years old.

I always liked the name "Blondie" then because I had blond hair. (Same shade of platinum as Debbie Harry's in high summer ...)

Never knew it was called "Heart of Glass" (click for lyrics) till years later ...

2 comments:

none said...

That was my favorite song when it came out. It just had a groovy sound to it.

Gledwood said...

I know. I used to think she was singing "mercury - go in a flying machine" where the line is something like "first I found love - thought it was a gas" - still I was only seven years old at the time and much more interested in flying machines than Romantic Love ...