Gledwood's favourite video clips from Youtube and other sites.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Taffy: I Love My Radio...

She wasn't Welsh, as far as I know, but an Italian model who'd always wanted to put out a record. And this was her first and only attempt and a top five hit. Radio Luxembourg played it regularly, but the BBC's Radio 1, which, in the 1980s was the single most powerful force in British pop, refused to playlist it unless she rerecorded, altering the line "my midnight radio" to "my DJ's radio". Why? Because Radio One switched off at midnight! Those were the days! When people listened on AM (Radio Luxembourg had the most powerful transmitter in the world: a million kilowatts of power blasting music all over Europe, but most specifically to the United Kingdom)... yes and Radio One used to shut down at 00:00 hrs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buying memory cards is such a chore... You have to search online for prices, sort through which ones are genuine, go out to a bunch of shops,compare prices, finally buy your memory, and then hope that the price doesn't drop in the next month or so.

I've been screwed over by some ridiculous price drops in the past... especially this one time when I bought a Micro SD card for my DS flashcard at what was apparently a bargain price, only to later see that it fell by $5 in a week's time.

(Submitted using Nintendo DS running [url=http://cryst4lxbands.blog.com/2010/01/31/will-the-r4-or-r4i-work/]R4i[/url] FFOpera)